Good news for Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T that it can now be updated to latest version of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS. This is though not the official update from Asus but we are talking about the CM10.2 custom rom which many other devices have already got updated with this ROM. CM10.2 is one of the most loved Android 4.3 ROM out there.
CM10.2 comes with great features, apps, and capabilities that are there in default version of the Jelly Bean 4.3 system. Moreover, you will be able to customize the looks, optimize the performances, speed up, upgrade battery life and lot more. This is a stable ROM and will enhance your device for sure. You can use the guide below to manually update your Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T with CM10.2 Custom ROM. But before we begin the process, there are a few pre-requisites that you need to look into for completing the installation guide.
- Backup all the data as the operation involved might result in loss of data and might need to recover all the data like the contacts and all. So, take a detailed backup of all your data. You can also make a NANDROID backup using either CWM or TWRP.
- Then enable the USB debugging option on your phone by going to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
- Also, make sure you have enough battery charge for the process to complete without any interruptions. Maintain about 60-70% of your battery.
- Keep in mind that this guide is for advanced Android users for particularly Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T and we should not be blamed for any loss of data or in case you brick your device while trying to update it.
How to update Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T with CM10.2 Custom ROM Firmware
- First download the Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T update zip file from HERE and save the unextracted file on your PC.
- Download the Google apps package from here and Save the unextracted file on your PC.
- Connect your device to your pc and transfer the above downloaded files to your phone’s SD card and disconnect the device from pc.
- Now reboot your device into recovery mode .
- If you have not taken a NANDROID backup of the ROM, this is the time to do it. For CWM, select ‘backup and restore’ and confirm the backup.
- Then from recovery mode menu, select “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache”.
- Select “+++ go back +++” and return to main recovery menu.
- Once done, from the main recovery mode menu, select “install from SD card” and choose the Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T update zip from SD card. Select and update the file first and then flash the firmware.
- Then return, select “install from SD card” and choose the Google Apps zip from SD card. Select and then flash the firmware.
- Once done, reboot your device by selecting “reboot system now”.
There you go!! You now have successfully installed the JellyBean 4.3 based CM10.2 Custom ROM on your Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T. Check out all the features and capabilities of the newly installed ROM. In case you seem not to and want to revert back to the old ROM, you can always use the NANDROID back up we did and restore the device to the previously installed ROM. Have fun. Cheers!!