Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 has been released few weeks back and it comes with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean pre-installed on it. Despite having great specs and features, users have complained about minor bugs and issues. To overcome this, Samsung announced a new OTA update for the Tab 3 8.0 T311 version. Well if you are not able to update your device, you can manually update your device to Stock Android 4.2.2 and with the guide below.
This guide will help users to manually install the Stock Android 4.2.2 JB XWUAMH1 on Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 T311. But before we begin the process, there are a few pre-requisites that you need to look into for completing the installation guide.
- Backup all the data as the operation involved might result in loss of data and might need to recover all the data like the contacts and all. So, take a detailed backup of all your data. You can also make a NANDROID backup using either CWM or TWRP.
- Then enable the USB debugging option on your phone by going to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
- Also make sure you have enough battery charge for the process to complete without any interruptions. Maintain about 60-70% of your battery.
- Keep in mind that this guide is for advanced Android users for particularly Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 T311 and we should not be blamed for any loss of data or in case you brick your device while trying to update it.
How to update Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 T311 to Stock Android 4.2.2 JB XWUAMH1 Firmware
- First download the XWUAMH1 zip file from HERE and save the extracted file on your PC.
- Download latest version of Odin3 v3.07. Once the download is done, save the extracted contents on your pc.
- Now, power off your smartphone completely and boot it into Download Mode by following the instructions give here.
- Now open Odin exe on your PC. Also, connect your device to your pc via USB cable.
- Once Odin recognizes your phone, you’ll see the ‘Added!!’ alert confirmation.
- Else, if the device isn’t recognized, then you will be forced to re-install the Tab 3 8.0 USB Drivers.
- Then go to Odin window and click the PDA button. You then load the file downloaded in your pc in step 2 into Odin.
- Leave the default settings as it is and make sure that Re-Partition is not enabled.
- Now press the START button for the updating process to begin. Just wait for the update to be completed and you receive a confirmation when Odin shows the ‘PASS’ message.
- The phone then restarts and you can now unplug it from your pc. Just wait for the phone to boot into normal mode before doing anything.
And there you go. You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 – T311 variant of the tablet to official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean XWUAMH1 firmware.