Good news for Samsung Galaxy Nexus owners who own the GSM model. SlimBean Custom ROM has been launched for the Galaxy Nexus I9250 model. It is based on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and it should definitely bring a great deal of value to the existing masterpiece. For more details about the SlimBean ROM you can always go and check out their website here. This guide will help you install SlimBean Custom ROM on the GSM version of Galaxy Nexus.
But before we begin the process, there are a few pre-requisites that you need to look into for completing the installation guide.
- Backup all the data as the operation involved might result in loss of data and might need to recover all the data like the contacts and all. So, take a detailed backup of all your data. You can also make a NANDROID backup using either CWM or TWRP.
- Then enable the USB debugging option on your phone by going to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
Also, make sure you have enough battery charge for the process to complete without any interruptions. Maintain about 60-70% of your battery.
- As the update process will require that you root your device, you are bound to lose your warranty as the rooting process is unofficial. But you can always get back by flashing the stock Android firmware.
- Also, make sure that your phone has to on unlocked bootloader. Also, you can use the CWM or TWRP Recovery for this tutorial.
- Keep in mind that this guide is for advanced Android users for particularly Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM model and we should not be blamed for any loss of data or in case you brick your device while trying to update it.
How to install SlimBean Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM
- First, download SlimBean ROM file from here and save it to your pc.
- Then download the Gapps file from here and save it to your pc.
- Connect your Galaxy Nexus to your pc and transfer the above downloaded files to your phone’s SD card and disconnect the device from pc.
- Now reboot your device into recovery mode .
- If you have not taken a NANDROID backup of the ROM, this is the time to do it. For CWM, select ‘backup and restore’ and confirm the backup.
- Then from recovery mode menu, select “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache”.
- Once done, from the main recovery mode menu, select “install from SD card” and choose the zip from SD card. Select and update the SlimBean zip file first and then flash the firmware.
- Repeat the above step with the Gapps zip file and you should be done.
- Once done, reboot your device by selecting “reboot system now” from Custom Recovery screen.
There you go!! You now have SlimBean Custom ROM based on Jelly Bean 4.3 on your Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM version. Check out all the features and capabilities of the newly installed ROM. In case you seem not to and want to revert back to the old ROM, you can always use the NANDROID back up we did and restore the device to the previously installed ROM. Have fun. Cheers!!