Samsung launched the Galaxy Grand for those who loved big screens and dint cost much. So, its not an expensive but powerful device running Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
Well, most people won’t notice but there are few minor bugs and issues that come along with the current version of OS available right now for Galaxy Grand. So, anyone looking for installing a stable version of Jelly Bean 4.2.2, then you can go for Next-Gen custom ROM based on Jelly Bean 4.2.2 official version. Hence, it comes with added apps and capabilities apart from the default features.
This guide will help you install NextGen Custom ROM on your Galaxy Grand I9082 device.
But before we begin the process, there are a few pre-requisites that you need to look into for completing the installation guide:
- Backup all the data as the operation involved might result in loss of data and might need to recover all the data like the contacts and all. So, take a detailed backup of all your data. You can also make a NANDROID backup using either CWM or TWRP.
- Then enable the USB debugging option on your phone by going to “Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging”.
Also, make sure you have enough battery charge for the process to complete without any interruptions. Maintain about 60-70% of your battery.
- As the update process will require that you root your device, you are bound to lose your warranty as the rooting process is unofficial. But you can always get back by flashing the stock Android firmware.
- Also, make sure that your phone has to on an unlocked bootloader. Also, you can use the CWM or TWRP Recovery for this tutorial.
Keep in mind that this guide is for advanced Android users for particularly the Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM model and we should not be blamed for any loss of data or in case you brick your device while trying to update it.
How to install Next Gen Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Custom ROM on Galaxy Grand I9082
- First, download NextGen ROM file from here and save it to your pc.
- Connect your Galaxy Grand to your pc and transfer the above-downloaded files to your phone’s SD card and disconnect the device from pc.
- Now reboot your device into recovery mode.
- If you have not taken a NANDROID backup of the ROM, this is the time to do it. For CWM, select ‘backup and restore’ and confirm the backup.
- Then from recovery mode menu, select “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache”.
- Once done, from the main recovery mode menu, select “install from SD card” and choose the zip from SD card. Select and update the Next Gen zip file first and then flash the firmware.
- Once done, reboot your device by selecting “reboot system now” from Custom Recovery screen.
There you go!! You now have NextGen Custom ROM based on Jelly Bean 4.2.2 on your Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082. Check out all the features and capabilities of the newly installed ROM. In case you seem not to and want to revert back to the old ROM, you can always use the NANDROID back up we did and restore the device to the previously installed ROM. Have fun. Cheers!!