The Healwell splint is designed to go through the hand, keeping it open, preventing patients from flexing their fingers and hands and protecting palm skin. The overall design keeps the hand and fingers in a neutral position to make recovery as comfortable as possible. The lightweight wrist and hand splint provides support but does not entirely immobilize the arm and wrist, allowing for just the right amount of freedom to ensure comfort and quick recovery.
This wrist and hand splint is made with a durable and reusable plastic base frame. The plastic is hard, ensuring proper support and stabilization, but also guarantees continuous and extended use. Overtop the plastic frame is a soft foam cover that both protects and provides comfort to the patient’s arm, hand and wrist.
- Fits both right and left hands
- Adjustable padded straps
- Includes two additional palmar rolls to increase adjustability and accommodate for a greater range of patients and types of finger and hand contracture conditions
- Palmar rolls are: 3.8 cm and 4.5 cm
- Allows for limited finger progressive extension
- Cover material is water absorbent and helps to pull moisture off of sensitive skin, helps to preserve and repair weak and damaged skin
- The cover is easily removed and reattached
- The cover is entirely machine washable