MobiCity are committed to customer satisfaction and as such offer a comprehensive returns policy, replacement and exchange policy.
Read our Return and Exchange policy below for everything you need to know about returning or exchanging your Mobicity handset. Please note that the Return and Exchange policy - and any reference to “your item” - does not include accessories.
All returns and exchanges are performed at the sole discretion of MobiCity and its nominated representatives. The decision on individual cases is at the discretion of MobiCity and its nominated representatives and is final.
Handsets returned to MobiCity without an RMA code will be refused delivery by MobiCity’s representatives and the sender will be responsible for all return postage.
Return or Exchange Prior to Shipping
A full refund is available at any time prior to shipping. This includes pre ordered items. It may also be possible to exchange your item prior to shipping from the MobiCity warehouse. Please use our contact us to send an email form. If the item has already been shipped at the time that your form submission is processed by MobiCity representatives, the case will be treated as an ‘unopened box’ return. Please see terms and conditions for this return type below.
Return or Exchange for DOA (Dead on Arrival) Items
Your item may be eligible for DOA exchange if it develops a software or hardware malfunction that causes the phone to become inoperable and is covered under the warranty terms and conditions. Please note that instances of physical damage, liquid ingress damage and other causes excluded from the warranty terms and conditions not covered by this return or exchange policy. DOA exchange is only available within 48 hours of receipt of the handset.
In order to make a DOA exchange claim you are required to log an issue report through the contact form within the 48 hour period. Failure to complete and submit this form within the 48 hour period will result in your handset being processed through the regular warranty process.
You can return the handset to MobiCity once a valid RMA code has been issued. One of our technicians will assess the handset, after which a replacement be sent of the item will be returned to you if no fault was found or the issue was corrected upon inspection.
Return or Exchange within 7 Days - Unopened Box
You may exchange your item for refund, minus the shipping charges, for up to seven days from receiving your item.
Any variation where the received item varies from the described specifications on the website must be raised with MobiCity within 48 hours of receipt. Failure to do so will void any return or refund claim on that basis.
You are required to obtain an RMA code from the MobiCity Care Team before returning the item. Refunds will not be processed until the item has been received and inspected by a MobiCity representative.
The item must be received within 7 days of MobiCity or its representatives issuing the RMA code to you. The item will not qualify for an unopened box exchange or refund if the seal plastic has been broken or tampered with in any way. A processing fee of $35 per item will be deducted from the refund or exchange credit offered by MobiCity.
Return or Exchange within 7 days - Opened Box
You may return or exchange items that are less than 7 days old for a partial refund of the item value. The items must be in new condition (condition to be determined at the sole discretion of MobiCity) and the exchange will incur a minimum $35 restocking fee per item, and excludes any shipping costs.
You are required to obtain an RMA code from the MobiCity Care Team prior to sending the item. Refund and exchange values will be processed and credited once the item has been received and assessed by a MobiCity representative.
All open box items are assessed based on the following guidelines. Please note that the values described are offered as a minimum diminished value and will be affected by the condition of the item and its packaging:
The value of the item is assessed as being the complete value with the following values subtracted if they have occurred:
- A $35 restocking fee is subtracted from the purchase value in all cases
- The original shipping costs are not included in the purchase value of the item and are not refundable
- 5% of the value is deducted if the manufacturers screen guard has been removed. This is a plastic film that is adhered to the screen for shipping damage protection
- 10% of the value is deducted if the battery or accessories have been opened and removed from the individual original packaging and ties
- 10% of the value is deducted if internal dunnage has been damaged
- 25% of the value is deducted if internal dunnage has been removed from the item packaging or heavily damaged
- 10% of the value is deducted if the retail box has been lightly damaged
- 25% of the value is deducted if the retail box has been heavily damaged or torn
- 25% of the value is deducted if an original accessory, CD, manual or any other item included with the original purchased goods is missing
- 50% of the value is deducted if the retail box and dunnage is not returned with the handset
The condition of all electronic items will be assessed as follows:
- Light usage: minor scratches usually not visible unless in direct light – 15% shall be deducted
- Mild usage: visible scratches and surface abrasion from normal use – 30% shall be deducted
- Heavy usage: physical damage to the overall housing exceeding normal wear and tear – 50% shall be deducted
- Housing is broken from physical damage – refund/exchange rejected
- One or more of the phone’s functions not working (e.g., camera, LCD screen) – refund/exchange rejected
- Item has failed and not warranted – refund/exchange rejected
- All of the above deductions are cumulative and the assessed value will be provided to you in writing for your acceptance prior to a refund or credit being issued
Return or Exchange - Used items
It may still be possible to return items once they have been used or are older than 7 days. Your refund value will be determined by a market appraisal of the item. Shipping charges are not refundable. A minimum processing fee of $35 will apply to all assessments.
General Conditions for Return or Exchange
If the assessed value offered by MobiCity or its elected representatives is not accepted by the customer the customer is responsible for the costs of return of goods by an insured courier nominated by MobiCity or its representatives.
Failure to pay the assessment fee and shipping costs will result in the item being surrendered to MobiCity or its representatives for disposal and cost recovery.
You are required to obtain an RMA code from the MobiCity Care Team prior to sending the item. A refund will only be processed once the item arrives at our store and this policy is available at the sole discretion of MobiCity.
In all cases, receipt of the handset is considered to have occurred upon signing acceptance of the parcel from MobiCity’s nominated courier.